A person who is selected to represent Bowls Northamptonshire in any Competitive Match, Friendly Match, Trial Match, or any other match or event, shall, at all times, conduct him/herself in a manner that reflects favourably upon fellow bowlers, Bowls England, and Bowls Northamptonshire, both on and off the green. In particular he/she shall:
1. Not render him/herself unfit through alcohol or drugs, either on the green or away from the green whilst still under the
jurisdiction of the County.
2. Show respect to colleagues, opponents and officials and not to subject them to any physical or verbal abuse at any
3. Conduct him/herself in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect his/her own safety and the safety of
4. Promote the reputation of the sport of bowls and prevent it from being brought into disrepute.
5. Promote equality of opportunity, fairness, and actions according to the highest standards of integrity.
6. Abide by the Bowls England ‘Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults’ policy.
In Addition - A person who is selected to represent the County in a Competitive Match in the Middleton Cup Competition; Johns Trophy; Middle England League; Midland Counties Championship; Walker Cup competition; National Top Two Fours Competition; or any other competitive match, including
Trial and Practice matches, shall have the following obligations:
1. To give priority to any Players’ Meetings; Practice Matches or other Squad activities.
2 Accept control by the Team Manager/Chairman of Selectors in the following matters:
a) Dress – both on and off the green, as indicated in the selection notice.
b) Report punctually at the prescribed times.
c) Adhere to any curfew which may be necessarily imposed.
3. Inform the Team Manager/Chairman of Selectors of any medication being taken, prior to or during matches.
4. Inform the Team Manager/Chairman of Selectors of any personal circumstances which may affect his/her
performance in the team.
5. Adhere to the currently applicable Drug Testing Policy of Bowls England.
6. Not to give an interview to the Press, or other Media, without the permission of the Team Manager/Chairman
of Selectors. If granted permission to conduct him/herself in a manner befitting a person who is representing
Any Breach of these Codes of Conduct may result in disciplinary action being taken under Bowls England Regulation No. 9.
Any such Breach will be reported to the County Secretary who will arrange for a Disciplinary Sub-Committee of 3 members to be formed from the Bowls Northamptonshire Executive Committee, and that Sub-Committee will act in accordance with the Bowls England Regulation No. 9.